This image is provided for research purposes only and must not be reproduced without the prior permission of the ACT Heritage Library.
|Title/Caption: ||Mr Trevor Kaine, centre, Chief Minister of the ACT, examines copies produced by the Xerox 4650 Laser printer installed in the new training centre in electronic printing and publishing at ACT TAFE. With him are Mr David Stringfellow, left, Managing Director, Rank Xerox Australia, Mr Barry Rountree, second from right, Head, School of Applied Design, and Mr Norman Fisher, right, Director, ACT TAFE|
Is part of the Canberra Times Collection
Canberra, politicians, principals (schools & colleges), printers (machines), technical colleges
|Comments:||The Canberra Institute of Technology was established in 1928 and is the oldest post-compulsory education system in the ACT. Technical education was first provided at Telopea Park School and in 1933 several classes moved to the Kingston Workshops. In 1962 the Canberra Technical College opened in Constitution Avenue, Reid and in the late 1970s became known as the Canberra College of Technical and Further Education (TAFE). The Bruce College of TAFE opened in 1977 and a further campus opened in Callam Street, Woden in 1981. This college moved to its present location in Ainsworth Street in 1989. Since 1993 the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) has operated the following campuses - Bruce; Fyshwick; Reid; Southside; Tuggeranong; and Weston. For more information see http://www.cit.act.edu.au/|